Monday, May 26, 2014

Look West

It has been a rough weekend. We lost a friend to Parkinson's. It was a blessing for him to finally go to be with Jesus, as his body no longer cooperated with him. It is sad for all of us, as he was a really, really cool guy.

But isn't it just like God to send us a reminder of his presence, even in the midst of a bittersweet time? This evening I was in the living room in the House on the Hilltop when my phone rang. It was a sweet friend (who also mourns the loss of our friend), telling me to grab my camera and go to the west side of my house.

I did, and when I got out there, I saw the most AMAZING sunset. What a gift! She could have enjoyed that sunset and not thought about me at all. But, she chose to share it with me. She chose to bring me in to that moment with her, even if we were in separate locations.

Sometimes I get distracted by the circumstance of the moment. I'm so thankful that God chose to shine his glory so beautifully in the sky tonight to remind me that he is bigger than circumstances. I'm also thankful for my friend, who told me to look west and see His glory.

God is still on the throne. I know that because the sun rose and set today. For that, I am thankful. :)


It was lovely. This picture doesn't even come close to the real thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home