Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Surprises

When you purchase a house on a hill top in the middle of winter, you have no idea what surprises await when spring arrives. I know there are fruit and nut trees on the property somewhere, but their location is a mystery to me.

Also a mystery is what pretty things might pop up when the weather starts turning warmer. There are lots of bulb plants all over. Some, I can identify, some will be a surprise for a later date. Good thing I love bulbs, because they are literally EVERYWHERE!
These beauties greeted me this morning.
I. LOVE. Daffodils.

 
I knew there were martin houses on the property. My grandparents always had martin houses. These make me happy.

One not-so-happy surprise tonight was that one of our baby chicks died. Of course, my husband is out of town, so I had to take care of it. I should be used to that now after 20 years being a military wife! :) I guess death is a part of country life. We will learn...

There are new, fun surprises every day. I can't wait to share them with you!

1 Comments:

At April 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM , Blogger DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I look forward to discovering the surprises with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home